Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FAIRSPORT! The YouTube channel


I have always been thinking that YouTube is a great resource. It is not only a collection of funny viral videos that we see on the front pages but it has a lot of useful information into its collection and all these video collections are increasing every second.

I always look for good videos for myself but I wanted a channel where I could keep the links to all such videos. Apart from this, I also wanted to make my own videos and share with the world.

Having these ambitions inspired me to do research on Media and radio and television broadcasting. There were observations and events which pushed me to create the new FAIRSPORT! YouTube channel. These observations were:

1. Lack of Fairness and A Lot of Bias:
Many channels promote one-sided view and do not cover both sides of story. This is particularly true for news and Pro-/Government propaganda channels. Therefore, unbiased and fair channels were required.

2. Many Important Topics Not being Promoted:
There are fair channels that are not getting promotion and coverage these deserve. Also, their visibility is overwhelmed by the powerful strong budgeted channels. Apart from news, there are many important topics which are made taboo due to political reasons and nobody is taking up these.

3. Lot of Propaganda from Pro-/Government channels:
Pro-/Government and other channels are promoting their agenda using their fat budgets and showing the world only their particular view which is not necessarily true.

4. Many individual channels but not the catalog channels:
There are many channels which show what they upload but not many good channels that show a collection of selected videos from multiple channels in YouTube.

5. Most of channels have full dedication to a subject irrespective of quality or popularity
Many of the channels have full dedication to a particular topic or subject and have collected everything related to that but not only the best.

Apart from these channels, some events happened to me in due course that helped me push FAIRSPORT! channel ahead:

1. My son's friend 'Yousuf' made a cartoon video that he put on YouTube and it was a funny handwritten cartoon. The video showed the different funny ways of getting security authentication when entering a new high security building.We were inspired from that as a family and I also felt that I also wanted to have a channel as well to share life's experiences.

2. I found several nice song channels that had collection of songs which were both popular and the ones that I did not find worthy to be put on my channel.

Therefore, I started the new channel which was to come up with solutions to all the issues mentioned above. I derived the name of the channel by imagining the fairness as an activity that we do to spread it in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment